Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A very unique blog.

This blog is extremely unique. In fact, it's more unique than any other blog I've ever seen before. Well, that may be pushing it, but I just know that most blogs aren't all that unique. Write down what I did today, write down what I may do tomorrow, blah, blah, blah.

And why am I writing this? Well, in part, to annoy Bob. Yesterday, I discovered that Bob's really into grammar, too. In fact he may get more annoyed with people who speak poorly than do I. This discovery tickled me pink. Bob and I are quite unique in that most folks aren't too into grammar, while we are.

Okay, by now Bob's head is about to pop, so I'll just cut to the chase. The word unique is like a computer bit. It's binary. On or off. True or false. The case or not. Something can't be very true (a common expression). It's either true or it's not. Likewise, something either is or isn't unique. Something can't be very unique or quite unique or not terribly unique.

A snowflake is unique. A human being is unique. A painting is unique (unless done by a computer, I suppose). A one-off custom car is unique. This blog is unique—although there may be other blogs pertaining to grammar. None of these things is very unique. That's impossible. Something is either alone in its likeness or there are others like it.

So, if you think your blog is unique, just look around. Yours may not be quite as unique as you thought.

1 comment:

Adron said...

One of my blogs is unique. The other 5 are not however, but definitely add to my cause de' celebre. (spelling?)